THE DOIDY CUP
THE DOIDY CUP offers a unique slant on baby weaning and open cup training. The two-handled Doidy Cup, has been scientifically designed with a unique slant in order to teach infants to drink from a rim, rather than from a spout or a teated bottle.
Health Professionals and leading health organisations such as The British Dietetic Association are active in recommending the introduction of an open cup at around 6 months of age and completely stopping the use of a bottle by 12 months. As well as teaching valuable skills there are a number of critical health benefits associated with open cups compared to other drinking vessels
BY DESIGN – young infants (from around 3 months) find the two-handled Doidy Cup easy to drink from because:
- The contents are clearly visible when drinking;
- The sloping design allows a more natural upward and downward motion of the hands and arms (unlike bottles and sippy cups which require forward and backward movement of the head);
- It teaches them to drink from an open cup and how to put it down correctly;
- Children are less likely to overfeed;
- The above benefits allow mothers to make the move from breast to open cup in one step rather than introducing a teat or spout.
NATURAL PROGRESSION – Drinking from the Doidy Cup is a natural progression from breastfeeding because it uses the same suckling action.
HEALTHY SKILLS – Drinking from the Doidy Cup encourages good oral movements and helps to develop chewing skills as the jaw, tongue and mouth muscles are used. It also helps with hand, eye co-ordination.
RELIABILITY – For almost 70 years the Doidy Cup has been helping children learn to drink from an open cup. Doidy is UNICEF Baby Friendly and is recommended by the National Childbirth Trust (NCT).
FEATURES – 200 ml capacity, hygienic, steriliser-safe, dishwasher-proof (top shelf) and freezer-proof
Made of PP material.
Let your baby learn to drink water from an early age and say goodbye to the sippy cup.
Easy to use for babies and kids.
Supports proper mouth and jaw development. Promotes healthy teeth.
Easy to clean.
Material: PP (one of the safest materials for baby plastic products)
Applicable age: 3 months or more baby
Size: about 6*6.5cm
Please disinfect before use, it is recommended to disinfect at high temperature.
Please apply under adult supervision.